Thursday, October 19, 2006

Building blocks for buildings...

Ok... So its been over 3 months since I last updated this blog with stuff I that have worked on, and there has been a lot. Well like 4 more 3D models I have worked on and a couple of paintings I did in photoshop.

Getting on the the images below. My next assignment after the bunny machine was to make an architectural building. Myself have always loved Japanese castles and the way they looked and so I decided to model one.






The hardest part was scaling and making sure that every piece was the correct size. Even with like over 30 reference pictures the task of making the building look true to its design proved to be quite difficult. But I count myself lucky cause I was able to find a plastic model of the building at a model shop. Though it was small it proved to be very useful to help measure the height and width of everything that that it looked more correct then what it would have been without such a reference.

No comments: